View Single Post
Old 08-08-2021, 02:55 PM

Default Re: East-West Opus software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian Dragon View Post
Thanks for posting the Sandra report. The Dell Precision 7910 was a nice machine. Although a little bit old by today's standards, (it was released back in 2014), it should be fine for Protools. I don't see anything out of the ordinary, but perhaps some of our more seasoned techies can take a look. If everything is in order, then I might have to agree with a previous poster that it just might be East-West Opus not working well in the Protools environment.
As a retired IBM Senior IT Hardware and Infrastructure Project Manager I can safely say "Oh it's more than 'it should be fine for Protools.'." HW especially for PT and any other DAW software with excellent performance is about "Balance" between all the components. Dual 10 Core Xeons, 20 total and 40 Virtual, 128GB RAM and ALL SSD drives are a pretty well Balanced environment to work in that cost me less that cost me $2K to put together.

It does of course depend on the type of stress you put it under and I've run tests on this box with a mix of over 100 tracks and NEVER had performance run over 60% at that level.

Based upon some of the other members comments it appears the AAX implementation of OPUS and/or Orchestrator are having "issues" shall we say.

Runs wonderful under Studio One 5.3 which has become my "go to" DAW as of late. PT continues to be a PITA and I won't be renewing my subscription in two months.

www.LightWingStudios.com

Musical Instrument Protection Accessories...Made In America.

Dell Precision T7910, Dual Processors (total 20 Cores), 128GB RAM, 4 @ 2TB SSDs, 1 @ 4TB HDs, Nvidia 2GB Dual Monitor Card, Dual LG 48" TVs used as Monitors, Arturia 88 Midi Controller, Black Lion USB Audio Interface, Mackie HR-828 Monitors, Katana Head, Fishman Triple Play, Win 10 Pro, PT 2023.3 Studio, only the Plugins I NEED, WAY TOO MANY Guitars...and an AMAZING wife!

AxeShield HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, AxeSak, AxeGlove, AxeCap & PedalShield