View Single Post
Old 01-09-2021, 06:19 AM

Default Re: Love Carbon but registering sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy Bob View Post
Hey congrats on finally getting yours. I’m really happy with mine.

Yeah, I wasn’t sure either, since I hadn’t registered it first, but it worked just fine.

Yes, no drivers or any hassle at all. I was thoroughly impressed how quickly it set up. Just follow the guide.

I made my own. I’m stubborn, and a chronic DIYer. I have all my outboard gear, including 11R, all patched in through my patchbays. AND it sounds and feels just as good tracking through Eleven MKII, as through 11R.

I really think Avid hit a homer with this one. Up to 4 discrete HP mixes and dsp is huge for me. Plus, the damn thing sounds stellar!

Initial hiccups were addressed, completely, and extremely timely by Avid.
Yes I had only tracked through some older TDM systems in the 3 different Pro studios maybe 15 years ago . At home it was PT LE from 2003 to 2011 then until now HD Native through my OMNI, and did not realize what a difference recording through HDX would make, like analog tight and makes tracking easier IMO. And I agree the sound is stellar , clean and present.
I just tracked a quickie test session with two acoustic guitar tracks , rhythm first and then dubbed a lead, and then dubbed a vocal and was pretty impressed with the ease. And even tracking with EQ in DSP mode and a reverb plugin on the vocal ,in native mode , I noticed no latency at all.

Having been a carpenter while I DYI my desk and rack, but I leave the cables to my Pro audio guy.

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...