View Single Post
Old 02-08-2023, 04:49 AM

Default Re: AAE 9073 error - sound cutting out and freezing on multitrack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahughes3 View Post
Ok so let me try and figure this plugin thing out once and for all. When I installed Pro Tools, I installed it on my system drive C:. I then setup a folder on my external Hitachi drive to store all session files and plugins. So everything 3rd party that I downloaded is installed in that external hard drive, not in Pro Tools.

Are you saying that even though my plugins aren't located inside Pro Tools, they might have installed something inside of PT that might be causing a problem? If so, do you know where, because I've looked in Program Files, Program Files X86, My Documents and AppData Roaming and Local. I can't see anything that shows me a 3rd Party plugin. Yet I guess something must be telling Pro Tools I have the plugins, because the still show up in the "Inserts" menu on tracks.

Am I looking in the wrong place or do I need to delete some preferences again?
EDIT: Following statement is incorrect, but left here for completeness:
One of the (many) reasons that PT takes so long to load when you start it up is that it is caching all the plugins. So yes, it doesn't matter where you install the plugins, it will cache them.

EDIT: This bit is still true...except that it appears that you can't anyway.
Except, you REALLY shouldn't be installing plugins on an external drive. As in DON'T.

Dominic

Last edited by dominicperry; 02-08-2023 at 01:52 PM.