View Single Post
Old 02-07-2023, 03:38 AM

Default Re: AAE 9073 error - sound cutting out and freezing on multitrack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Be careful here, I know it may look like a corrupted audio file. But it is very unlikely for this to happen. WAV files encoded in LPCM are stupidly simple, the tiny amount of code used to read and write those files has huge code coverage (meaning tis incredibly well tested). And if anything was wrong you would likely be seeing Pro Tools or other utilities throw errors about the file being corrupted, or crashing with other errors, not causing Pro Tools AAE CPU errors.

There are lots of complex things happening under the covers that can confuse troubleshooting here. To pick one possible example, plugins get to write data to the session file, sometimes quite a lot of stuff, corrupt/incompatible plugins. If you had some problem plugins installed before they might have done that. And you've had other DAWs installed on the computer so I'd suspect potentially problematic plugins installed as well. To make conclusions about corrupt audio files I'd want to see those files imported into a session with no third party plugins installed on the system. And if you have a file that you think is a problem please share it... again WAV LCPM files are stupidly trivial, and there are lots of tools to inspect them with.
Ok, I hear you. So I took the track in question and imported it into a brand new test track with no plugins and only the mix bus in addition by default. I then imported the clip and played it and got the error AAE 9073 again.

So with the above in mind, do you still think it could be plugin related? Even when there are no actual plugins in the track?

I've tried sharing the file but I get an error from the forum saying something about me not having a security token and to contact the administrators. Is this cos I'm new to the forum and I don't have high enough clearance maybe?