View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 11:57 PM

Default Re: Just installed Pro Tools 10. Neither native nor 3rd party plug-ins show up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoMyEx View Post
Ok, so
- Mac OSX 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard)
- MacBookPro (Mid 2009)
- Third part plugins are: Native instrument's "Massive" and Arturia's "Minimoog." (but even the native plug-ins are'nt being recognized).
- Installed PT 10 off of the CD. I then downloaded the 10.2 update and installed that through the .dmg.
- No versions of Pro Tools were installed on this computer before.
- I upgraded from 10.5 (Leopard) to Snow Leopard (10.6) about 6 months ago.
- No error messages of any kind. First time I installed, I was using my browser, downloading things, etc. The second time, I didn't use any other applications and just let the installer run its thing. Again, no messages. Just said installation was complete. Opened up Pro Tools, and everything ran fine. There wasn't even a message stating that the plug-ins couldn't be located.
- I do see the plugins folder scan, but it skips right through to "Launching Pro Tools." No error messages.
- I did not delete any databases or anything, as I was not sure what to delete. Could that be the solution?

Thanks Darryl for the response.
Deleting prefs and databases and repairing disk permissions are described in the troubleshooting steps here Mac OS X Optimization and Troubleshooting Guide (along with all the optimizations you are supposed to do on you Mac - but those other optimizations are not related to this current issue).

So when the folder scans you see the names of he plugins being loaded?

How are you opening the session in Pro Tools? Not accidentally holding down the shift key in open dialogs? (that will disable plugins).

I have a feeling I have seen this before but my poor recollection is not helping. But deleting databases, prefs and repairing file permissions are worth a try.

Darryl