View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 10:47 PM

Default 192 has stopped RECEIVING Audio...

I'm running a PT HD3 rig that's been working flawlessly for a couple years now. Yesterday, I went to record a VO audition, and wasn't getting any signal from my preamp. I checked the chain, and the preamp is working fine, so I opened a track I finished just a couple days ago to see if there were issues on any of the other 192 inputs and discovered that NOTHING is coming in. It's spitting audio OUT just fine, but I can't get one single input to even register a signal.

The snake seems to be connected firmly (as always), and I've ruled out the patchbay as the problem. What's more, I haven't changed a single thing in my setup, so the only possibility I can think of is heat? It got up over 100 degrees today, and my studio isn't air conditioned. It's been this hot before, but that's the ONLY thing that's changed in the last two days.

I'm kinda screwed as I've already missed the deadline for this audition, but more importantly, I have several jobs in the queue and can't work w/o the ability to get sound INTO my system. Anybody have any ideas?