View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 05:03 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 9 suddenly became unauthorized

Okay... I hereby acknowledge it... I'm an idiot. This was purely user error on my part. In the end the problem was I DID have my iLok in a hub... but it was the OLD iLok. I didn't think that mattered because the new iLok with the Pro Tools authorization was plugged directly into a USB port. But what was happening, which I finally figured out by going to iLok.com and more carefully examining the error message that Pro Tools was giving me when I tried to launch... for some reason Pro Tools was trying to find the authorization on the old iLok. I thought it would be smart enough to see its authorization on the new iLok, but apparently it was getting confused by the presence of two iLoks. It was weird because I have an AltiVerb authorization on the old iLok, and when Pro Tools would run, it could see AltiVerb just fine and gave me no problems. Anyway what I ended up doing was using the utility on iLok's website to move all my authorizations onto the new iLok; I unplugged the old iLok completely; I reinstalled PT 9.0.2; it ran; then it told me there was a critical update so I downloaded and installed 9.0.3; now PT seems happy that I'm authorized and all is well. Apologies for wasting anybody and everybody's time with this. Regards, -Dave