View Single Post
Old 10-21-2021, 08:04 AM

Default Re: Document could not be opened because it was created with an older version of Prot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweakhead View Post
oh crap. sorry to hear it man.
that's kinda what I was just adding to my previous post.
be extra careful with any other sessions on that drive.
I would clone it to a brand new drive, and simply mark and archive that one - DNU.
create a brand new session, random stuff, save & close multiple times. reboot. test again. make sure it's not Pro Tools itself.
I bet it's the drive though.
It's not an SMR-based drive is it ? Cos those things suck once a segment gets re-written and corrupted.

oh, here's a thought. you don't happen to have a network server backup running all day do you?
if so you might get lucky and retrieve a temporary session from the afternoon backup log.
Yeah I thought of this too. My backups run daily so I don't have that. I'm running Disk Drill to see if there's possibly is a copy of the TMP to recover.

Here's a question though, since all of the backups are corrupted, the TMP should be too right? It's just my impression but I though the TMP was a running tab of your session and the saves and backups were of that file.

The physical drive is one of the super expensive WD 10TB Data Center drives it's probably a year old. Those things are usually tanks. I only buy those although I think I'm switching to SSD for my travel storage and my online storage at my studio (I bounce around between studios a lot.) I think I'll go ahead and keep my daily and medium term storage on a RAID 10 of spinning disks. Long term is Tape but looking toward an Amazon Glacier type solution.