View Single Post
Old 09-01-2022, 11:49 AM

Default Re: First experience with NVMe M.2 in enclosure - bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinsong View Post
PCI vs pcie could mean something very pricey as some of you older pci card adapters might know. What would you rather have more bark or more bite. I prefer good sound over a bite in my pocket. Look at it from a price perspective. Look up nvme archival and look at the price tags. 17,000.00 for some hard drives. It’s viable from a performance standpoint, but not practical if you decide to look further down the road. Heating issues, amongst countless failures. Don’t expect to get Maserati speeds without paying the price. My land yacht gets me where I need to go, and it’s reliable. Flick the switch, and it just works, just as in years past. Speeds are also in par with the rest. I don’t need blazing speeds and overheating to run audio. Whatever floats your boat.
What’s the point of the whole rant. If you want to go cutting edge expect to pay the price over longevity. Pcie are a thing of the past. Go ssd and hard drives. Even computer manufacturers have cut the cord. To add fuel to the mix, pcie is intel based technology if I’m not mistaken, it’s possible it’s not compatible with the new chips without using Rosetta 2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
What a pile of confused incoherent and technically wrong waffle. Why you need to keep posting stuff like this when you clearly don't have any clue what you are talking about is beyond me.

No PCIe is not "a thing of the past" just what are you talking about? No PCIe is not Intel technology. Not one computer manufacturer has "cut the cord". All modern computers are built around PCIe, including the new Apple Silicon Macs, they rely heavily on PCIe internally, and most SSDs used in modern computers... PCIe based.

PCIe has no relation to Rosetta 2. Every Apple silicon Mac uses PCIe extensively... and uh they work fine without Rosetta 2.

Oh and you want to claim HDD are more reliable than SSDs. Just no. Yes HDD are good for archival, arguably better than SSD, but better as an operational drive hell no. More reliable, much faster, more compact, and becoming effectively cheaper than HDD for many uses.

Your lack of any technical understandings in your "technical" posts is just staggering.