View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Help with fixing singer's timing problems

The reason I said EA was that for example if I'm singing a jazz vocal, I play a lot with the phrasing and the timing. You'd never get a beat detective to work with it. Sometimes I drive my voice coach crazy, but when we get it all done it works. She's a rocker. I'm not. I'm using the pocket set by the bass player to whom I'm paying particular attention (bass player always on my left -- good ear) and singing my phrase all around it but we'll always end up the same.

I'd recently recorded some piano and bass using midi on instrument tracks which I send to audio tracks. After working with it a couple weeks I felt the tempo was a little too fast, so I stretched out parts of the song I wanted to make slightly slower and left the bridge at the previous tempo. Well since I had to do it twice to get it to where I wanted the sound got distorted. Maybe no one else would have noticed but I did. But fortunately all I had to do was remake the audio tracks with the instrument tracks again. Done. So be a little careful with EA.

the toughest thing for me is to shift gears from musician to engineering tech (engineer to me is for those who are pros at it) where I have to be critical of my own performance.

Mainboard: DFI Inc. INF P35-R
BIOS : Phx Tech, LTD 6.00 PG 03/11/2008
Bus(es) : ISA X-Bus PCI PCIe IMB USB i2c/SMBus
MP APIC : Y
Tot Mem : 3.25GB DIMM DDR2 (WinXP)

Chipset: Intel P35/G33/G31 Proc
Front Side Bus Spd : 4x 266MHz
Mem Bus Spd : 2x 399MHz

(C:) : (250GB, SATA, 8MB Cache)
(D:) : (250GB, SATA, 8MB Cache)