View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 06:38 AM

Default Digi 001 Monitor Outs level question

Hey all!

I just upgraded my monitors choice from Tannoy Reveal Actives to Genelec 1030A's. Now, the Tannoys had no settings to tweak...just plug and play. The Gennys, however, offer all sorts of room and level tweaks.

I've returned all adjustable levels to factory settings (I bought them used) so I can start from out-of-the-box fresh.

My question is: the factory setting on the Gennys' Input sensitivity is -6db, and you can tailor this to the output level of your preamp/mixer. I can't seem to find any specific db info in the 001 literature in regards to the Monitor Outs. I realize this is probably because you can manually adjust the level on the 001. So, should I leave this setting on the Gennys at factory -6db, or up it to 0db? Or does it even really matter?

Rig: MacBook Pro (15,1) 6-Core i7 2.6GHz / 32GB RAM / OS 13.5.2 / PT 2023.9 / Waves Horizon v14 / iZotope Music Production Suite 4.1 / Focusrite Clarett 4pre USB / Apple SSD AP1024M 1 TB (System), Samsung T5 SSD 1 TB (Audio) / Cal-Digit TS3 Plus TB3 Dock / Genelec 1030A Monitors