View Single Post
Old 01-03-2022, 06:28 PM

Default Pro Tools 11.2.2 Question?

Hello,

I wanted to send this message to "Contact Us" but couldn't so I am trying to get a response here. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Less than a week ago, I received a new computer, for 2 main purposes using Pro Tools and Unreal Game development. I was having trouble with both with my previous system. ProTools would often crash and Unreal was a mess. It was a Windows 8.1 system and moved

to a Win10 system. I also own and use the Eleven Rack a lot!!! In fact, the Eleven Rack is needed to be powered up so I can load up Pro Tools, if I should turn off the Eleven Rack, Pro Tools will shut down, I don't know why? I use the Eleven Rack as both an interface, for its own sounds, and, of course, so Pro Tools will run. I now realise that there is a lot of problems using the Eleven Rack with Windows 10 after asking the below on the Avid forums.

Anyway, I had the installer for 11.2.2 and copied it to the new computer and during the installation it informed me that I needed to download QuickTime. I went looking for the latest version of QuickTime and it would not install at all!?! So, I tried continuing the the PT installation and at the end it told me it had failed. I had the iLok dongle in the computer to make sure it knew I had the activation. I thought it might be a problem with the installer, so, went looking for a legacy installer for 11.2.2 and there was NO installer for 11 at all only 10 and 12.5 which I don't have licenses to use.

So, would you please tell me what I should do now, to ensure that the program will work on my new computer system? Even if the Eleven Rack will not.

Thankyou and Regards,
Vaughan.

Schecter Hellraiser 7 Diamond - Ibanez RG7620
Eleven Rack w/ ERXP