View Single Post
Old 10-31-2001, 07:44 AM

Default Re: Using Pro Tools with Reason !

Hey thanks for the info, i was just gettin ready to post this very question!

i can't wait to get home to try it out(i'm @ work)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by gaurav:
Hi,
just wanted to share a technique i used to use Propellerheads Reason from within Pro Tools LE, using 'Hubi's Midi Loopback'.
Provided, you are using 2 soundcards,
(I have a SB Live + Digi001)

- Install Hubi's MIDI Loop Back using "Add New Hardware" --> "Audio/Game Controller"--> "Have Disk".

- Now you got 4 MIDI ports extra (LB1,LB2,LB3 & LB4) !

- Open Pro Tools (PTLE) and assign output of a midi track to LB1->channel 1.

- Open Reason and go to preferences. In MIDI menu, select main MIDI input as LB1 and Bus1 also LB1. Audio device in Audio menu must be other than DIGI001 (use the other soundcard.)

- Now in the MIDI panel right on top, in the main screen, assign Channel1 -> Synth.

- All notes played on LB 1 channel 1, in protools, are now played by synth in Reason.

Eureka!!! simple (lil complicated), but works like a baby !!!

For using more devices, use channels 2-3 onwards (not channel 1!) from within pro tools.

Adjust Latency in Reason Audio Preferences to 16ms, or higher for no delay in key playing.

Hope this works......
cheers to ya'all......
[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

-gaurav
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]