View Single Post
Old 06-14-2022, 04:40 PM

Default Re: Sonnet Echo 3 Chasis not Recognized my Mac Studio/PT

I've done pretty much all of that - I've removed all of the plugins (dragged them all to the (unused) Plug-In folder), made a list of them by copying the finder list data (approx. 500 plugins) into Apple Numbers (=Excel), added the manufacturers in another column, sorted the list by manufacturer and went through the manufacturers meaning the most for my work and started checking back / re-installing the latest versions from their sites and then deleting the particular plugin in (unused) folder...in case there was no newer version I dragged these few plugins back from the (unused) folder....

Anyway, agreeing with your suggested process (as you see) I was experiencing the stutter playback issues with my large templates and older crowded sessions. Since this was kind of a "All-In test" right from the beginning in order to run the M1 Max through its paces (which was a dumb idea as of now) - which failed - I was very afraid of having a general incompatibility issue using the combination ProTools / HD native PCIe / Sonnet Echo IIID / Macbook Pro M1 Max......so at this moment I'm pretty happy that this doesn't seem to be the case and that some particular (combination of) plugins could make these troubles instead at least most probably....so of course it still will take some time to figure out what's going on but at least there's hope now....

Last edited by Uli Auer; 06-15-2022 at 01:09 PM.