View Single Post
Old 11-05-2006, 03:43 PM

Default Re: Help with Mbox installation!!!

Sorry for the short reply, busy day.

I don't have my manual with me at the moment so I might have trouble remembering what I changed. I changed the processor scheduling for background services, memory usage to system cache, I disabled my power saving schemes, and prior to buying Pro Tools I have cleaned my system and registry with WinXP Manager.

After doing a system restore everything would work fine again but I would lose Pro Tools (restore point was before the installation). I wanted to to try something out so I undid my restore point and for whatever reason everything worked fine.

After realizing that I had to do a clean install of Pro Tools to upgrade from 7.0 to 7.1 I installed 7.1 from scratch only to have my display problem reoccur. I then did a restore to before I installed 7.1 and my display is fine again.

So for the moment I have 7.0 installed, just the basic program. I opened it and it ran fine but I did not have a chance to try out a session.

I don't really trust the stability of it seeing how I haven't even figured out why it's working now. To me if I can't explain why it's working properly, it probably isn't.