View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 05:50 PM

Default Re: Editor - Error Initializing MIDI Engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkgear View Post
No, you do not need a license to run the editor.

There are two MIDI ports on the 11R; an external and an internal.
I forget how they are labeled in the driver, but make sure that both are enabled in OSX. My guess is that the internal (USB) port is disabled.
Huh? There are two 5 pin DIN MIDI ports on the 11R (input and output). Those have nothing to do with the USB port which is for control and passing audio to and from the computer. I have never heard of an internal and external MIDI ports. I never had to do anything in OSX AMS to setup the 11R MIDI (I have a separate MIDI interface). The only thing I use the MIDI in port on the 11R is for my Tech 21 MIDI Mouse for patch selection. Didn't have to do anything in OSX AMS or on the 11R for that.

Just forgot something - if there are other MIDI drivers on the computer that will mess up communications with the 11R. I use a lot of Native Instruments vi's and fx in during installation of the Komplete 8 and 9 bundles NI's own MIDI driver for some piece of hardware I don't have was automatically installed. This would interfere with PT10 seeing the 11R and I had to delete the NI driver for things to reliably work.

QAPLA!