View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 12:12 PM

Default endless pops and clicks, mbox2, dell Studio 1558

Hi!
First, I would like to apologize for my english..
I've searched on the internet for weeks now, but I can't find exact match to the problem that I have.
I bought MBox 2 about half a year ago. So, I had to wait a bit that I could afford a new computer.. so, in july, I bought Dell 1558 (some specs should be seen below? sorry, I'm new in here..)
I installed windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and Pro Tools LE 8.0. Having some bluescreem problems, I updated it to 8.0.4.
So, it lauched, everything seemed fine. But when I started recording, some digital pops and clicks appeared. So, I messed around in Playback Engine options. Having tried all possabilites, nothing seems to fix the problem. (Only changes were that the pops getting worse and worse) the problems didn't appear only during recording, but also it stayed on the recording.
I also discovered that the problem was there when PT was not running and I just listened to music from my computer or smth.
One friend suggested to disable Intel SpeedStep (?) in BIOS menu. It reduced these disturbing sounds a bit, but they didn't go away.
So here I am, not so comfortable with computers, foreigner and dumb man who just wants to record some music, but is not able to
Sorry, if you are tired of reading threads similar to this..
But if you could suggest some solutions or help me a bit, I would be very grateful!