View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 10:56 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57Stratocaster View Post
Well, so what do i do switch to a different product lines? Fractal and who? Nuendo? etc Perhaps this possibility was not included as originally thought out or thought as unnecessary at the time of original spec to gold release or Ver 1.0 (what, so 11 R's suck so bad one would not think of owning multiple units?...i don't find that to be the case -properly dialed in they kick booty).
You want a pair of Fractal FX II, you pay your $4.5k and Fractal will ship them to you. Easy. An excellent product with great ongoing development and support. Or if you want a what the Eleven Rack Mk II might have looked like go grab a pair of Line 6 Helix rack for around $2,800. Again easy. Both come with much better support than you'll get from Avid. The Eleven Rack is still a great processor and at around $200-$300 used/street price it is a bargain. Everybody should have one (or two). And a Nuendo license... is $1,800, again you just order it. I'm not sure what Nuendo has to do with a stand alone Eleven Rack editor.

Eleven Rack is pretty much on life support, lots of stuff at Avid is pretty much on life support. The status of the Eleven Rack has been much debated on DUC, multiple unit support in the editor has even come up here before. If you have expectations of anybody at Avid caring about your requests for the Eleven Rack, well good luck. That the stand-alone editor was done at all was very nice, Avid actually did listen there to lots of us on that. But the team who build the Eleven Rack has been long gone from Avid. I'd not be holding my breath for any upgrades to the Eleven Rack, just hoping drivers keep being updated. And there are other feature requests that users would like to see that impact many more users, especially live performers. And while what you are asking for might be nice you don't need to editor to do anything except save and restore rigs, the front panel-UI is very nice and you can do anything you need to there, or via a midi controller, or via Eleven Mk II and effects plugins (which if you are reamping/multitracking etc. may be more convenient than the Eleven Rack).