Thread: iZotope RX10
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2022, 05:24 PM

Default Re: iZotope RX10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin1524 View Post
I paid $249 to upgrade my Izotope Music Production suite from 4 to 5.1. So, for me that updates to Neuron 4, Ozone 10 Advanced and RX 10 standard.

So far, I'm impressed at Ozone 10's one click mastering thingy - I think it does a better job than before. Mastering has always been complicated and there really is no one-size fits all, it's an art like everything else. Buttttt... this feature get's me closer to a better sounding outcome, faster.

Try it.

I don't like the way Izotope sells products and their product manager. Confusing. Tell me the products I own, what's installed/authorized and what needs to be updated in one clean utility. Izotope kind of does this but really messy.
Glad you like the mastering assistant but for me it was one big disaster. It constantly misread the genre. It was seeing Rush-type tunes as reggae. Also was widening the low end by first narrowing it and then using the recover sides bit to widen things again. Couple that with no standalone and it was no thanks.

iZotope gave their developers a drop-dead date for release and that account for almost nothing new in RX and gimmicks in Ozone.

QAPLA!