View Single Post
Old 01-13-2003, 08:26 AM

Default Re: Cubase/PT question I will pay you!!!

If I'm the "winner", then my band Circle The Cat has a paypal setup at our website www.circlethecat.com. Buy one of our CDs and keep the CD and the change. Shameless plug - it's been very well reviewed, and we got a manager and an indie deal out of it, so you might like it! We did it with Cubase/ADATs, so that might interest you too. Our next CD is about to begin recording, and we're using ProTools! Anyway, the plug is over, here we go:

There is no "consolidate" function in Cubase (perhaps in the new SX, but I still use the latest VST 5.1). Instead do the following:

- "zero out" the mixing board by setting all faders (including the master fader) to 0, all panning to center (mono) or full wide (stereo), and any plugins removed or bypassed.

- make sure each track is routed to a different channel (in arrange window).

- make sure all channels are routed to the master (in mix window).

- in arrange window, set the left locator to bar 1, beat 1 (all the way left)

- set the right locator a few bars past the very last bit of music (all the way right)

- in the audio editor window, make sure there are no drawn in fades or pans in the audio editor window (shouldn't be if you've just transferred these tracks)

- back in the mix window, solo the first channel.

- click "export audio" (either in the master fader area or in the file menu).

- make your settings appropriate for the way you want your new continuous files to be, and save them in a new folder you can find later. Make sure your mono/dual mono (don't use stereo interleaved) settings are appropriate, depending on whether the channel you have soloed is mono or stereo. Do not check to have them put in the audio pool. Don't check automation or effects or any of those options.

- Do it! It will now create a mono or dual mono .wav of .aif file(s), depending on your settings.

- When done, unsolo that channel, solo the next channel, and repeat.

- continue this process until all the channels are done.

- you now have a folder with all your tracks in separate but continuous files, and they are all the exact same length. Open your program of choice (PT) and import!

Email me if you have any questions.

-kid pro