View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 09:31 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools crashes on LOAD UP! (after format)

With a fresh install of the OS, you need to perform all the system tweaks again(described in the Getting Started Guide). Update the PACE drivers. You need to have 7.4 or newer as any older version will not run on Vista.(O see you listed 7.4 with MPTK). If you have a copy of 7.4(and its not corrupted), start by uninstalling Pro Tools with your interface disconnected, then reboot. Next, do all the system tweaks and the PACE update and reboot again. Now try running the installer and follow the guide to the letter(not sure if you have it or not, and maybe you didn't remember the setup procedure, so here 'tis). Remember to only attach the interface when the installer asks for it, and remember to ignore the New Hardware Found wizard. I would also not install the MPTK until you have Pro Tools working, and saving a drive image would be a good idea. Speaking of drive imaging, if you had done this a few months ago, your reformat would have been a whole lot easier(I'm not bashing you, just telling the newbies how they can save a lot of hassle). My best advice to all.....have a backup plan, and use a UPS battery backup. 2 things you will NEVER regret.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave