View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 02:58 AM

Default Re: Crash then Freeze

Quote:
Ever since purchasing our new HD3 rig last Feb, I've been plagued with this strange bug. Pro Tools will suddenly crash, then if I try to launch it again, the entire computer freezes up. If I restart the computer first, then it's fine, but if I don't, complete lock of the OS. This has been since 7.3 and is still there in the newest version. Anyone else experiencing this? Or am I doomed to always have to restart after it crashes? Using a dual 2.66 Intel Mac.

Thanks,
Siegfried
Hi,

First thing !! always re-boot after a crash
Second thing!! this is not a bug

This is a problem with your rig only and can probably be sorted with a bit of effort :

Do you get a crash report when it quits? they are stored in Mach HD / User / your name / library / prefs / logs / crash reporter

You need to look at the crash log and see which thread has caused the quit and see if it names any culprits! or paste the crash log here for others to view.

I assume you have done all the troubleshooting tips as described in the troubleshooting thread?

Especially a fresh install if Pro Tools!! don't panic, this will only take 5 minutes and is the best thing to do if you are getting constant quits.

The second major cause of these problems is hardware; ram / hard drive / USB device/ hub etc.

When you have exhausted all the software avenues! as suggested above! then start with your hardware checking.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.