View Single Post
Old 12-21-2006, 08:40 AM

Default Problem navigating after adding a MIDI track

Hi Toolers,
I was working on a sesssion yesterday and imported a MIDI file to track. I imported its tempo/meter map into the session as well.
After doing this, I seemed to be unable to navigate around the timeline in any sort of usual way.

Most of the time, if I stopped playback and tried to resume it again somewhere in the middle of the session, ProTools would begin playback at the beginning of the file. Other times, it would begin at 1:00 or 2:00 into the session- it all seemed totally random. It's worth noting as well that before I added the MIDI file, I was able to start playback from anywhere in the session by just inserting the cursor at whichever point.

I know about the "Timeline insertion follows playback" option in the "Operations" section of the PT prefs, and this is indeed checked, so I am not sure why I am getting what I consider to be erratic behavior...

I am fairly certain that the problem is with me, and not with ProTools- does anybody have any idea what's going wrong, or what I'm missing? Thanks as always for your help...

Best,
Andrew