View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 08:55 AM

Default Re: Mac Pro 12Core vs Mac Mini 4Core.. Mac Mini wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
The thing to getting all cores in use is to spread the load out. Don't load up one vi (say Kontakt) with multiple instruments but spread them out amongst multiple instances of Kontakt. There's nothing to your thought about more than 4 cores is overated.

10%-15% faster isn't much difference. Are the drive setups in your Mini and cheesegrater the same? Pop ssd's in that and it'll fly - I know mine speeded up (I have a single 3.46GHz hex core in my 5,1). As regards the number of cores - you're talking actual cores and not the number of hyper-threaded cores? Same amount of ram in each? Unless those specs are the same the comparison isn't really valid.
The 12Core(2 hex core) machine has 32GB of Ram and the Mac Mini has 16... They both are running on Solid State drives... (and btw.. the 12core machine smoked the Mac Mini when I tested them in Logic Pro X)