View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 12:05 PM

Default Re: Shortcuts on Windows are not working

I know this has been solved but I thought I would ad my similar situation and solution to this thread.

My system is windows 10. I HAD a ctrl+= shortcut problem only (switch from edit to mix window). ALL other S-cuts worked. MY problem was a program that I like to use called Tiny Spell. A spell check program that helps me with programs that don't have Spellchk. I turned it off and my shortcut problem was gone.

Sometimes small non system utilities in the system tray (the little icons near the clock in windows) can cause conflict. Tiny Spell was ALWAYS watching keystrokes (looking for spelling errors) and this was NOT good for PT. Also, because many of these utilities are watching for shortcuts to bring them up front or to activate they get in the way. So, when running PT, you should turn any and all other programs off that activate with a key-combo. With a proper PT install on a system where you ONLY use it for PT this should NOT be a issue. However, most of us use our PC for other things besides recording with Pro Tools. So stuff can happen.

I like Tiny Spell. The program is great. It just does NOT play well with Pro Tools. I am NOT affiliated with Tiny Spell. I mention it by name because it is popular and could be causing the same issue for other users of PT. And, for that matter, ANY other non system tray utility could cause conflicts. The system tray is a good place to check for issues of this kind and really, any issue that causes PT to cough and sputter. Shut down NON ESSENTIAL, NON SYSTEM utilities. :)

Have fun with PT all.