View Single Post
Old 03-21-2016, 06:06 PM

Default Re: Pro tools 12.4 not playing nice with liquid saffire 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-user View Post
It may not be the default windows sound device BUT just check that the playback& record settings for it are set to a sensible default sample rate.

Similarly check that the ASIO buffer setting is not pushing things too hard, 512 samples should be fine - change once stable

Also remove the DSI preferences database C:\Users\*user name*\AppData\Roaming\Avid\Pro Tools\DSIPrefs
Thank you ex-user...I tried what you suggested...Everything worked for about 5 minutes but when I closed out of a session and opened something else I started getting the error message again. I rechecked my sample rates, buffer size, etc...I am denied.

Also, DSIPrefs ended up back in the PRO TOOLS folder (???), I deleted them (again) trashed preferences (again)...re-opened P/T, got the error message (again).

This freakin' error message will be haunting me in my dreams tonight!!! This is RIDICULOUS!!!

Anyway, I e-mailed FOCUSRITE'S support team - hopefully they'll respond with a resolution. I have scoured so many forums, done so much troubleshooting only to end up sitting here with sores on my butt - I'm spent now.

I'm beginning to think my LS56 is flippin' defective.

Yeesh!