View Single Post
Old 01-20-2004, 01:51 AM

Default Re: what did i do wrong?

Thanks guys, I think i'm beginning to see my error - it will probably all become much clearer next time i need to do this procedure (and I know there are plenty of those coming up soon!)

The original OMF was a consolidated one - I have been unable to get Protools to reference audio files that were from any system other than a Protools one....hence I always create them consolidated.

I know it was looking for the OMF file because of the way i name the Omf. The dubbing mixer haad also tried forcing his system to see the audio files contained within the session but it was determined to use the omf no matter what.

I did do the "save session copy in" method - the one that allows you to specify the session be saved as a v5 session. I probably did not tell it to copy but to reference files - I was thinking that because PT had already created new audio files from the OMF that it meant it would refer to those new files.

Your explanations have been a big help - often the nuances of how a system works with its own files is not explained in manuals and the knowledge only really comes about from dealing with problems !