View Single Post
Old 01-25-2015, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Is the annual upgrade plan a perpetual license?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Olhsson View Post
I've seen no indication that he would lose access to 11. Because of plug-in compatibility, people need to be able to use an earlier version. I would be very surprised if anybody upgrading to 11 would ever lose it. That makes no sense.
They may allow some "backward compatibility"...this topic is somewhat up in the air. But 12 should provide the same compatibility 11 does.

But 11 is pretty well dead as far as new development goes...it will only be bug fixes once 12 comes out.

Could you perhaps have been thinking of PT 10? That was where the compatibility issue came to the fore.

And Avid has said PT 10 will be around through the end of 2015...

And rereading my comment, I probably should have used a term like, "The latest version your license will cover is"...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh