View Single Post
Old 05-26-2007, 04:02 PM

Default Re: Translating Midi Chunk List Error ( Making people paranoid )

Dear Dreamgroove,
I am very sure that this is not a Bug that happens frequently. I have never seen it with 7.2 or 7.3 (that is to say that it does not happen nor that I don't believe you) However, what happens when you open one of the Backup files that Pro Tools creates (assuming that this is turned on in the prefs)? This will indicate if the session is corrupt.
The other thing to try is create a new session and then bring the tracks in one by one using "Import session data" that way you may find the offending track/tracks.
Before you go on a one person crusade against Digidesign you should be sure that the problem is really Pro Tools, as discussed in the other post it can be due to disk corruption. (I for one am a stickler for backups, saving the session frequently to another drive for safety). I have found that Pro Tools is just about the most reliable software that we use, considering that is operates "realtime" and that any problem will manifest itself immediately to the user in the form of audio artifacts.
We do see the "freezing" bug but have not been able to find a formula for reproducibility, but it does not make any noise. Digidesign is trying to find what the problem is but it seems to be an elusive problem (see other thread to do with this).
I hope that you solve the problem
regards
Simon L.