View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 07:59 AM

Default Re: hdx aaxdsp is dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Voyles View Post
Actually, Waves Soundgrid via Soundgrid Studio is also very powerful for low latency DSP monitoring both playback and record.
this is why i said reasonably priced..

the soundgrid i/o here in oz at least without any DSP is like 4 grand.. the apollo quad is 4 grand (best price actually is 3600 here in AUD)

you would need at minimum the impact server on top, and both waves i/o AND even the tiny impact server are all fan powered.. eek. Anyway to get an impact server here with all currency conversion and shipping costs is about 1200 AUD. Might be 1300 if customs flags it.. Threshold is currently 1000 AUD so depends on the day. You can get an apollo twin quad for 1500 then a behringer ada 8200 for 300 so 10 inputs with uad quad for 1800 total, ready to go.

For someone with a machine room and a bit more money to spend, definitely a great option though, agreed on that.. waves' catalog is plentiful and covers absolutely everything anyone might ever need to put on a live signal being monitored through FX.. i would say that even though UAD's emulations are far superior, with waves you have many creative choices you just don't have with UAD.. If waves made it simpler (they discontinued the only interface they had which had i/o with dsp on board) to understand, that wouldn't hurt either ........