View Single Post
Old 09-03-2003, 01:31 AM

Default Re: Songwriter/Composer Forum

ThatHitSound

[Slaps forehead] There is the Active Topics view -- but it's not absolutely ideal. It allows you to view all the forums with posts since your last visit or -- and this is a little closer -- you can select a time period from a pull down menu labeled "Show Active Topics since." You can select periods up to the last month -- and it stores the last used time period in a cookie.

You can check that view on the Recent Topics page. I modified (with an inelegant kludge) the page this goes to to show the last month of 'active threads' (and I removed the pulldown menu). You can see the original by clicking the "Acitve Items" link at the top of the page.

One problem/non-problem with this is that the thread list is in rev chrono order -- but grouped by Forums. It would be nice to have the option of ungrouped.

[Addendum: I did a bit more work to my mod and got it pretty much how I wanted it -- I think it gives the functionality that THS was looking for pretty well. When you click on the RECENT TOPICS link (above) you go to a page with the most recent posts on it in straight reverse chronological order. Thanks for the great suggestion, THS! Now if we could just get you to register and share your production skills over there.]