View Single Post
Old 09-02-2003, 10:17 PM

Default Re: Songwriter/Composer Forum

ThatHitSound

[I've tried to take both of THS's suggestions -- I've added an RECENT TOPICS OVERVIEW (showing all thread topics in rev chrono order (four previous four weeks [MOD to put in complete rev date order 9-05]) as well as a special NO REGISTRATION NECESSARY GUEST FORUM.]

TK, webmaster at lazybeat, here (I also clean the catlitter and take out the trash).

Thanks for the suggestion. It makes a lot of sense. Certainly, it looks pretty empty right now.

I'm afraid my buddy, severe, in his generous attempt to help out, jumped the gun on me a little.

I didn't have any of my starter posts up besides the main welcome (and mostly still don't) and had only told two people about it (and one of them is a guy who will never register anywhere and who refuses cookies... not that he's a luddite, he actually has a Cisco cert... but he is paranoid by principal).

Anyhow, I think your suggestion bears serious thought. Certainly, I've seen busy BBs where people tend to collect in a single forum, even though they're talking about subjects that there are dedicated forums for.

What would be ideal would be the ability to keep the current structure but give people the option of a view where all the threads are collected in rev chrono order. I've seen that in other BB's but I'm pretty sure the one the lazybeat workshop is based on (Web Wiz -- I really like it... a lot of great features for both users and webmasters) doesn't have that as a stock feature.

Fortunately the Web Wiz author actually encourages mods (and skins). If I can't find something like what I'm looking for as a third party freebie, I can just code mod it myself.

Anyhow, thanks for the excellent suggestion.