View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 10:26 AM

Default Re: MDW Massenburg EQ for AAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Massenburg View Post
i'm not sure what kind of "HD Rig" you're talking about. i have two systems up and running in front of me, an HDX-based system and a TDM-based system, both running PT10.2.x. MDWEQ5 runs on the TDM-based system as an Native plug, of course.

what software are you running on your "HD Rig"?

thanks,
George
Thank you for a prompt response, sir, big fans of your work and your products here.

The "HD Rig" in question is a PT 10.2 HD|6. It is true that V5 works in a native mode, but it's still quite painful recalling a super-session where we had multiple instances of a TDM plug-in and converting them to V5 Native. Also, with bigger sessions and multiple plug-in count the idea was to rely as much on DSP processing as possible and only then use native plug-ins if we run out of TDM horsepower.

In my opinion, it was false advertising on Avid's part that the new version of MDW EQ will work across all PT platforms including RTAS AND TDM (hence my copy-paste directly from the store); it was absolutely my fault to take that to be true and upgrading only to lose the ability to run the TDM version. I think there's a world where this process could have happened smoother?

-andrew