View Single Post
Old 12-27-2022, 12:23 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Public Beta: December 2022

I am a bit disappointed the ICON Control surfaces wont be able to connect to an silicon-Native version of ProTools Ultimate. Not sure when AVID will completely change to Native (and ditch Mac-Intel completely) but one can only assume this is a logical way they will go for future development (pretty sure they will not continue to develop 3 different OS's (Win- MACOS and Silicon Mac))

This means I have to invest heavily into a new console if I want to change my MacPro into a new M(x)-silicon enabled MAC computer ! I'm sorry but don't have that 60K investment lay-ing around these days to make a switch to S4 or even S6 :-(

What makes it even worse is that WINDOWS computers will still be able to use the Control surface (until AVID breaks that connection offcourse) and recieve updates.

Do I have to switch to Windows again ? MAC has brought me so much joy ;-)

Although I understand the switch to Silicon Native. AVID will lose a big part of there clients who still use a Command/ICON control surface.

I do urge AVID to consider updating there strategy and transfer the Command/icon interface into the new Native system.

PLEASE - PLEASE - PLEASE

http://www.pm-mastering-studio.com

SYSTEM 1 : Main recording - HDX MAC Pro 2023 M2 Ultra Running Sonoma 14.4
ProTools Ultimate 2024.3| 1xHDX Card | Mac Pro M2 Ultra 128Ram 2TB|3x PRE | 2x Avid 96 |1x Avid 192 I/O 16/16 Analogue | 1x Acid HD I/0 16/16 Analgue
Midi I/O | D-Command ES +16 fader Pack | Xmon | Eleven Rack + Dolby Atmos 7.1.4 Surround Adam S3H speaker System

System 2 : Project System - ProTools CARBON Running Sonoma 14.4
MacStudio M2 Ultra |64 GB RAM | ProTools 2024.3 Ultimate/Studio | SSL2+ | AVID S1+DOCK + ProTools|Carbon + ProTools|Carbon PRE