View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 06:03 AM

Default Question about missing editing feature ...

I'm running PT 11. After running PT Express and eventually upgrading to PT 11 - I'm realizing I may be able to use PT as a sort of one stop shop for everything that I do. Currently I run Adobe Audition CC, Bias Peak Pro, Logic Pro X, and PT 11.

I don't produce music. I edit dialog, process audio - and mix short/medium duration spoken word (and video) content.

In terms of editing applications ... Audition and Peak support automatic insertion of a user defined crossfade when making a cut in a waveform editor. The process is sort of transparent where the fade is added with no visible split in the waveform.

Audition refers to this as Smooth All Edit Boundaries by Crossfading. You then key in a preference value in ms. that remains constant. Peak refers to this as Blending. Again - you can customize the preference.

Can this be done in PT 11? In other words - right now in Shuffle mode I do a Zoom Toggle to Fit to Screen. When I make a selection and press delete ... the cut is made and remains visible. I then move in and manually add a crossfade.

What I'm looking for is no visible cut in waveform with crossfade automatically added based on user preference. Is there any way to set this up in PT?

thx.

-paul.