View Single Post
Old 01-02-2021, 11:50 AM

Default Re: Love Carbon but registering sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy Bob View Post
Title says it all. I love this thing. Sound quality is really good, IMO, and the hybrid engine is a really clever implementation.

However...

I tried three times to register the damn thing and it kept failing. Yes I opened a ticket. Third time it took, but it would not let me extend my perpetual license as I had planned. It kept telling me I wasn’t qualified to extend. Don’t get that. I am current until like the end of ‘21.

Ok not a huge thing I guess, so now I have a license of HEAT, and the complete plugin bundle, but none of the bonus software. I already have most of the plugins from the complete bundle, except for like the “Pro” series..(Pro multiband comp etc.) and I do like Smack on certain sources though.

I wasn’t sure if it had to be registered before firing it up to allow firmware update. I guess not, because after two failed attempts at registering I said screw it, let’s see if it’ll run. It does, and does so very well.

The long and short of it is; I think I got it registered, but I got none of the additional software that was supposed to come with it.
Man I am jealous My dealer is still waiting delivery of the units he ordered weeks ago .

But the registration thing is a concern.

I too am wanting to extend my current perpetual (until Jan 30) Ultimate license.

Not quite clear on what you are saying though , so the license you had was PT Regular or Ultimate ? And it is a perpetual license and is current on the annual "Support and Update Plan" until the the "end of 21" yes ?

And before this registration you did not have Heat or the complete Plugin bundle but now you do ?

And to clarify in Your Avid Account "My Products page you have only one (your old PT perpetual) license in your account ? And do not have a second Carbon bundled PT Regular subscription license with the additional 3rd party plugins

So have you checked the expiration date on your PT license My Products page to see if it is now until the end of 2022 (1 year extension on current license) If it doesn't say that,,,, then I sounds like it was not "extended " and you will definitely want to get ahold of Avid Customer support.

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...