View Single Post
Old 12-06-2022, 05:13 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools M1 support - dec 27th (beta)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian Dragon View Post
I was curious about this statement: "Pro Tools will still launch by default using Rosetta 2 but users can switch to run natively and try out the improved performance as well as using partner plugins."

Will there be a Rosetta2/Apple Silicon switch programmed at the startup for Protools? Or will we manually disable Rosetta 2 before starting Protools to run in Apple silicon native mode? Or will we be able to switch from Rosetta 2 mode to Apple Silicon Native mode on the fly while running Protools? I don't know about the software architecture so I am curious if we switch to run Protools in Apple Silicon Native but encounter a non-native plugin, with Protools switch back to Rosetta 2, or the plugin won't run, or Protools will crash? My limited understanding is it needs to all be Apple Silicon Native or all be Rosetta 2. I realize that this is a dilemma that we anticipated, but it still part of the transition process and growing pains we face.
Select App in Finder. Get Info. Toggle Rosetta 2 On or Off. That's how it'll work.