View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 07:33 AM

Default Re: Mac Studio Max and HD Native vs

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyou View Post
Probably the most given advice around here is to ditch Digilink.

HOWEVER given that you have the Burl we can't tell you to get a better interface

I would definitely go for the HD Native Thunderbolt in this case. Simple solution to keep you working exactly as you're used to. I don't know much about Soundgrid but if you're not running a Soundgrid server I don't see the point.

There are reports of folks here happily running sessions on the Mac Studio internal drive. External SSD'S will be fine as well and they don't have to be Thunderbolt. NVME drives are much faster than the old standard SATA drives so look for an enclosure you can use for that.

I agree based on what was said. I looked at the Burl early one and decided to go with the MTRX. Much more forward thinking as far as the tech for my room.
I have a good friend who has the Burl and I really love the interface sonically, but in this world I live in, the expandable MTRX flagship was a huge upgrade for me and my ATMOS room as well. The days of need to run to an external DRIVES are really a think of the past. I dont' even use the disk caching and have not in a couple of years. Things have really changed here in my room and it has totally paid off. G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS