View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 04:09 PM

Default Re: Setting up Cue Mixes with Persist Sends during LLM

albee1952, I appreciate you trying to help me out, I really do!

You have some interesting points, but my problem is not at all performance related. Something seems to be really off with the HD Native / LLM part. The VIs are really not the problem. I used that as an example of latency inducing factors, but they may as well be plugins like Maxim. In the simplest of sessions with just a vocal and guitar track. I get double signals, signals cutting out, totally inconsistent behaviour.

And you are right, I'm bent on using the system with the capabilities as advertised by Avid. But after years of useless 'support', and still not getting it to work, you understand why I'm feeling scammed. And I really feel scammed.

There is one 'Ultimate' thing to try for me, and that's to fit in an HDX card. I will definitely try this, although it's little salvation over the fact that the system I initially bought just does not work. I'm also not sure whether I want to spend any additional money on this kind of company, Avid.

And rest assured, I'm by far the only one having this problem. I hear similar sounds from people close around me. Something is very wrong with the Avid hardware / software. But even worse is their inability to properly solve it. I have some of these issues open for over 3 years now. And don't get me started about the continuing MIDI problems.

Do you think this is normal? I certainly don't. It's beneath contempt.