View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 11:10 AM

Default Re: It\'s Official... Woodcrest Destroys QUAD Opter

Quote:
The Conroe/Woodcrest cpu's have NOTHING to do with the old P4 (Netburst) architechture. It is a totally new cpu platform. As far as power consumption, this cpu family started out as laptop cpu's (Centrino) and the power consumption numbers are amazing. Typically, these cpu's use LESS than 30 Watts. It isn't even close for AMD in this regard.

Oh in case anyone was wondering, the new Intel Motherboard that was used during this test has ZERO problems with mutiple UAD-1's, and or Powercore cards. That should just about seal the deal.
The Pentium M's are amazing for performance/heat/power, and desktop models will no doubt be very impressive, but keep in mind that I've had my AMD quad for 9 months. If Intel puts out comparable technology 9 months later that doesn't kick its ass, it would be a disgrace. If you want to consider Woodcrests to be a victory over AMD, fill yer boots, but it's really just a typical advance in processor development, and don't forget that Intel has been sucking hind tit for years.

I also think supporting UAD-1's and Powercore cards is irrelevant. If you intend to use any such auxiliary accelleration then you don't need a quad, and vice versa.