View Single Post
Old 01-29-2006, 01:25 PM

Default DAE error-9073 can\'t get audio from drives etc

hello, amazing folks you all are! to the chase:
I am running a new iMac G5 1.9ghz only 512 ram at the moment but will be expanding of course. Mbox original, PT7 and Tiger. LaCie external FW drive. here's the deal
I've been working just sweetly on a sound design (theatre: no video) project with minor glitches (SBOD on Save comand occasional but i think that has to do with energy saver, which is now off). Friday I uploaded 4 small Bird Songs obtained online and burnt to a disc on a PC (just some kinda dell or something) and then all of a sudden the next time i go to work, saturday, everything is fine until it's bounce time where I couldn't get it to bounce even 10 seconds of a single track without the DAE 9073 error. (the 9073 is an error that says "can't get audio from the drives fast enough", i trouble shot everything with a seasoned PT pro and nothing.
I lowered my buffer to 4 (after almost uninstalling/reinstalling which is a whole other question) and it seems content now, i even returned the buffer to default (2) today (sunday) and bounced a small file at 24/48 successfully.
What's my question? could those short files have corrupted something in PT7? how can something like that be fixed? what could be responsible for such a dramatic and sudden drop n performance?
I did the cs3 update but whatever, none of those fixes had been issues before.
thanks for any input. like i said things are working now but i have about as much confidence in my system as i do in our new prime minister! ( i live in Canada.)