View Single Post
Old 08-20-2005, 08:21 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Shortcuts in Logic Pro ?

I'm a Pro Tooler gone Logical as well. I used to think they should have called it "Abstract" instead, until I got my head around it. I then bought the Logic Keyboard to learn all the new key commands... After some frustration with them while going back and forth between the two apps, I programmed in the basic PT shortcuts for similar Logic functions and finally saw the light. If you spend two hours programming in the basic shortcuts you use regularly, you can just add additional ones as you come across them down the road.

NB There might be a better way, but if you assign "command-E" to "copy" in Logic, you can split regions at the selection border with the Marquee tool. The catch is, it copies it in memory, but I tend to use "alt-drag" for copies and then duplicate for more.

I'd be happy to send you mine, but I've adapted them for a laptop, and my short-cut habits are probably different than yours as well as incomplete.

PS for anyone else out there, I have the Logic Keyboard Lee suggested for sale at half the price of a new one.