View Single Post
Old 04-15-2021, 06:45 PM

Default Contstant CPU Overload Issue

I am finding myself hitting the proverbial wall for the first time in my history of using Pro Tools and want to throw a hail Mary pass here in hope of finding a solution, please.

I am running version 2021.3.0 on a 2017 IMac 27
Big Sur 11.2.3
3.8Ghz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
64 Gb Ram
Radeon 5k video card

I am using an Axe FX III as audio interface via USB.

I have a single analog bass track and a midi drum track triggering EZdrummer and can't get 30 seconds without a CPU error. I am hitting upwards of 127% of CPU memory almost instantly upon hitting the play button. I have the same results opening a new session and importing a single guitar track, which is a mono .wav track.

I have attempted to use all buffer settings from 32-1024. I have also tried moving all plugins to the unused folder and relaunching PT. I have disabled all native plugins with the same end result. Additionally I have tried unchecking dynamic plug-in processing in the playback engine.

All other programs are closed and Activity Monitor confirms that.

I can, and please don't flame me, playback the same tracks and the EZdrummer plugin in Logic Pro and am running between 26 and 39% CPU usage. I realize PT and LP are different animals, but wanted to help shed any additional insight that may bring.

Thank you, any help would be more than appreciated.