View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 09:20 PM

Default Re: HD not a stable platform? ADC issue + more! Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by digimidi View Post
I see a couple of things right off.

1. RTAS plug ins on auxes, master faders, and after TDM plug ins on audio tracks will be double the hardware buffer setting, needing x samples off the TDM bus and x samples back on the TDM bus. If you have the hardware buffer set at 512, RTAS plug ins will require the other tracks to have 1024 samples of delay compensation. Placing the RTAS plug ins before TDM plug ins on audio tracks do not normally require compensation as they are taken care of by pre-buffering the audio stream when pressing play.

2. Since you are using a HD1 PCIx core, you have no Accel chips on that card. That means that you can only set the ADC engine to short (1023 samples) due to the long engine requiring an Accel chip to operate.

If you are going to use mainly RTAS plug ins and want to have ADC work properly on auxes, masters, and after TDM plug ins, you will need to either set your hardware buffer to 256 or lower, or purchase an Accel card for your system.

Hope this helps...

Gil
But I do use the "Long 4095" setting. Is it that im not supposed to use that option? Or should it not even be an option?

Alright, an easier way to do this would be to ask this question simply. I am getting at least one more process card soon(probably 2), until then what should I have my settings at if I generally use RTAS plugs (waves diamond bundle mostly) 99% of the time and need ADC to work properly?

And...How much more power will I get with another process card, and will it help the ADC engine? or does it not matter?