View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 11:47 AM

Default Re: New To Pro Tools - Basic Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStorms View Post
Thanks so much for your help SB, I've got it working now where I can solo individually or as a group. I haven't figured out yet if I can simply solo the subgroup to hear all of the drums assigned to the internal bus that is the input to the subgroup master. If I solo the subgroup master (which has a main output assignment), it is silenced, regardless of the solo safe state. Does that make sense? I've tried to follow the routing setups in a Pro Tools 10 book I bought, I haven't found where it gives a good explanation of the scenario I've described above.

Regards & Have a happy and prosperous New Year!
Dave
You have to solo the group, not the solo-safed aux. If you click the solo button for the kick, and the rest of the drums doesn't solo too, you just modify the attributes for that group (right-click the group name, and choose Modify).