View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 08:57 AM

Default Re: Collecting Rare Multitracks?

I own Kate Bush's first solo album but the songs were too sad, even for me, but I loved that Fairlight 2. Her brother... well he's a awesome musician too, quite upbeat in fact.

I hope these were not recorded on those Rev A Ampex machines.... speed control issues.

Sorry to be a bummer... Except... if it was that first Sade Album. Man... so much in there mixed out or down so low. Programming too... nearly inaudible. Amazing recording and mix. She's touring one last time. If anyone here can mix an album like that, we'll you got my vote to run the Amek up at Studio D (except someone already has that seat).

Oh... Telefunken Tube Compressors used when cutting masters. 5 sweepable frequency bands, Q, and level. That is the final peice in the jigsaw puzzle. I was friends with a multi-gold record producer engineer/mix/mastering engineer who never EQed, just worked his magic on that Telefunken compressor. So the 16 track or 8 track used to mix to 1/2 inch isn't the final mix, as he compressed frequency bands and set Q and levels. The Human Beingz released a box set I hope they had Ken's son remaster that 1/2 inch first on that big ol Telefunken. Grand Funk too if they are planning a box set, or the Dukes or the James Gang... even The Outsiders.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...of-world-tour/