View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 10:50 PM

Default Re: Tab to transient on Elastic Audio tracks

Quote:
The first thing that comes to mind here is the fact that any analysis marker that you adjust manually be given a 100% confidence rating, and won't be eliminated when the sensitivity is brought back down. One workflow you could use is that if you notice good transients dropping out when the sensitivity is lowered, raise it back up, then zoom in on the areas in question and use tab to transients to navigate to the transients that are disappearing, and move them into the ideal position. When you lower the sensitivity again, they ought to stay in place.
Hi Paul,

I didn't realize that Analysis markers could have a confidence rating (which locks a marker from being effected by the sensitivity setting). I played with it and I see how it works. This is cool, and almost takes care of my request in another thread for the sensitivity threshold setting to work seperately across a selection and not just the whole region. It might be good to be able to assign a high confidence rating without having to physically move the marker (select across a bunch of makers and then hit a button on the Elastic Properties window). This would be like locking all of the slices in ReCycle before lowering the thresold. Is there a less than a 100% confidence rating or is it just locked or not?

There are going to be times when totally manual creation of Analysis markers is the ideal. I was working with a Surdo percussion loop, and all I wanted to do was warp on the big bass notes ignoring all of the hi clacky stuff inbetween. There was no setting of the sensitivity that came close to marking only the bass notes and not catching lots of other hits. So the solution was to delete the auto created markers and scrolling thru the loop I manually added my own. The warping worked great, but I ended up using the window scroll bar and the pencil tool to add markers. It would be so much faster to be able to tab to transient and then have a hot key to drop a marker where my cursor sits. I've harped enough about this, email me if you wish talk more about it.

STeve