View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 10:32 PM

Default Tab to transient on Elastic Audio tracks

When I was trying to figure out the best way to use Elastic Audio to correct a multi channel drum performance, I noticed that Tab To Transient didn't work on an Elastic Audio track even in waveform view. I was surprised today when I saw somebody doing just that, so I thought I would have a closer look.

What really happens is that even in the waveform view, tab finds the next Analysis Marker. So if you have auto created Analysis markers, tab to transient is going to look like its working. If you delete the Analysis markers (because you are going to manually enter your own), then tab to transient doesn't work in waveform view, and instead jumps to the end of the region.

As I posted earlier, I'm glad that you can tab thru your Analysis markers. But tab to transient should work as it always has in the waveform view. And becaude there are times when you want total control over Analysis Marker placement, there should be a way to tab to transient in Analysis view, and then a hot key for creating an Analysis marker at the cursor. Likewise there should also be a hot key for creating a warp marker at the cursor.

STeve