View Single Post
Old 04-23-2021, 03:29 AM

Default Re: Carbon and Windows 10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdee View Post
As I understand the current M1 iMacs are entry level. I feel that would be a downgrade from my 14 core i9 computer with 32GB of ram.
Also I wonder what the new more powerfull Macs coming later this year would bring to the table that would beat out my current setup?
I was just joking - I mean, you know that Avid won't say when or if they will support Windows, or if they will let you use AVB hubs, or if they will allow additional units to be chained, or if they will include remote pre-amp control, or anything else?

It just reminded me of when UA released LUNA - for Mac only. Someone started a thread called something like "where is LUNA for Windows?" and the UA rep started on some "we're doing YOU a favour by releasing LUNA early" etc, and the thread filled up with thousands of posts, all somehow expecting an imminent release. And over a year later, there's still no Windows version. The thread got nasty with someone threatening violence, and as far as I can tell, got deleted.....
So, you're right, your i9 machine is more powerful than a funny-coloured new iMac with no ports, but if you want to use Carbon now, you need a Mac and you might be waiting for a year or forever to get Windows support.
I wasn't being critical or serious, just mildly humorous...

Dominic