View Single Post
Old 06-19-2020, 11:07 AM

Default Re: if Wavecache.wfm is corrupted, does it matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockman413 View Post
Thanks guys, I totally see what you mean about the possibility of corrupt the main session file, thank you for mentioning to me and it seems we are now able to manage this after we made some rules inside our little team. If anything happens to the main session, we deserve it, nobody to blame, our mistakes...

However, back to the OP, if the .wfm is duplicated/corrupted/ got damaged in all kinds of ways, does it matter? will it cause any potential problems as you can think of?
It's needed to display the waveforms. It's automatically rebuilt just delete it and try... now it *might* appear to get corrupted or missing stuff when you it rebuilds because the files it is rebuilding from are corrupted... try it and see. If people have private copies on their computers (not in a dropbox folder). I would hang onto them until you are sure it is OK. And these things can be subtle, say if several people were working on stuff. They might think all their changes are OK, might even exit and other folks think theirs is still OK... but bad things can happen in the background as the changes sync to the cloud storage